| Bernadette |
So I picked up Anna and we went to the party. It was outside on the beautiful patio of one of Father John's friends. The weather was perfect and the outside space had a fireplace, small fountain, bar and tables, candles and round white Christmas lights. We could look up and see the palm trees and the stars while we had drinks and appetizers. One of the appetizers was cream cheese with blueberry chipotle preserves on top. It was so good!
Bernadette came with her family, Audrey was there too and we all talked and laughed - like a mini girls nite. I didn't know the others - they're part of Father John's morning coffee group. Father John came 30 minutes later and he was really surprised by the party. We had a nice dinner and the birthday cake was homemade carrot cake. I took a card that played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and signed JRR's name and my name. Father John had a big smile and a lot of fun reminiscing about the days when JRR helped him in years past. It was a one-of-a-kind evening. :-)
Today - and every day - I'm thankful for friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment